Register Today for 2018 Program in Person!
>> Limited Seats Available!
The Pressure Equipment Inspection Technician (PEIT) Training Program has been designed for immigrants and new Canadians with high aptitude in math, physics, chemistry, thermodynamics and mechanics and those who have technical and mechanical experience and are marginally employed or unemployed who are willing to build a career as Pressure Equipment Inspection Technicians. The objective of this 34-week program is to train clients to become trained and certified Pressure Equipment Inspection Technicians. This training program also addresses the shortage of trained Inspection Technicians as identified by Industry. Clients will also be prepared to write the Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) exams and meet their guidelines to become CGSB certified.
Pressure Equipment Inspection Technicians operate radiographic, ultrasonic, liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, eddy current and similar testing equipment to detect discontinuities in objects of various compositions and materials. Inspection Technicians are employed by quality control, maintenance and safety departments of manufacturing, processing, transportation, energy and other companies and by private industrial inspection establishments. Inspection Technicians will also have a pivotal role due to the recent approval of the Canadian pipelines.
The Pressure Equipment Inspection Technician (PEIT) Training Program is open to immigrants and new Canadians with aptitude in:
Math, Physics, Chemistry, Thermodynamics and Mechanics
and/or have technical and mechanical experience, and wish to build a career as a Pressure Equipment Inspection Technician (PEIT).
|Program length:||34 Weeks Full-Time training|
This course covers the following:
- API 510 Certification (coursework completion)
- API 653 (coursework completion)
- NDT Certification [Light Particles, Magnetic Particles, Radiography and Ultrasonics (theory and lab work)]
- Introduction to Codes (ASME sections 1, 2, 4, 6 and 8)
- Introduction to Corrosion & Welding
- Demonstrate awareness of occupational safety
- Safety Training certification
- Communication, workplace integration and employment preparation
- Occupational English & communication
- Life & work management skills
- Occupational health & safety
- General employment preparation
- Engineering degree or technical diploma from country of origin preferred
- Strong mechanical or science background
- Class 5 driver's license is an asset
- Able to pass competency exam in chemistry, physics, thermodynamics and math
- Unable to find employment or is marginally employed due to limited occupational language, lack of knowledge of Canadian employment practices & lack of Canadian experience
- Minimum Canadian language benchmark of 7
- Be physically fit and capable of working in the power engineering industry
- Strong interest in building a career in power engineering
- Be willing to relocate and/or work shifts
- Ready, willing and able to complete the training program
Graduates will be able to perform the following skills:
- Assisting with all aspects of NDT testing and work in the field and lab
- Understanding the operation of NDT equipment and safety requirements in using it
- Assisting general visible inspection work on piping, process equipment, tanks, and bullets
- Assisting in preparation of reports to clients and/or regulators
- Assisting in inspection related facility turnaround work
- Assisting in general safety inspection where appropriate
- Completion of necessary field work requirements to challenge API & CGSB final examinations
- Assisting in removal of equipment, when appropriate, from plant site for further testing
- Working in confined spaces or elevated locations with correct safety gear and procedures
- Maintaining the integrity of personal and facility safety equipment and devices
- Testing for safe working atmospheres
- Filling out plant and field work permits when required
|Application open date||on going for 2018, please apply in person!|
|Program start date||Mid-Nov 2019|
We accept applications in person only. Please use our map to locate our office.
5th Floor, 1111 - 11 Ave SW. Calgary, Alberta