CCIS PRESSURE EQUIPMENT INSPECTION TECHNICIAN (PEIT) TRAINING PROGRAM
CCIS is pleased to announce the approval of the Pressure Equipment Inspection Technician (PEIT) Training Program. CCIS has over 35 years of experience designing and delivering comprehensive training programs in a variety of sectors including oil and gas, trades, hospitality, and banking, among others, which have been successful and validated by Industry, Stakeholders and Government. The Government of Canada and Alberta have approved the funding of this program.
With the support of International Pressure Equipment Integrity Association (IPEIA), CCIS has been working in conjunction with Industry Members in the development of a program to train entry-level Inspection Technicians for the field.
- Start date: October 2, 2017 to May 25, 2018
- 34-week training initiative
- Designed to train and introduce competent individuals with transferable skills and related education to the inspection industry.
- Encompasses Canadian regulatory needs and prepares trainees for the workplace and then to write the Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) and American Petroleum Institute (API) examinations for certification
Key course components include:
- Pressure Vessel and Equipment Types
- Introduction to Codes (ASME sections 1, 2, 4, 6 and 8) and Regulatory requirements;
- API 510 and API 570 (coursework)
- NDT training: Radiography, Ultrasonic, Magnetic Particle Inspection and Liquid Penetrant – Level 1
- Introduction to Corrosion and Welding
- Safety Certification (Standard First Aid, Confined Space, Fall Protection, H2S Alive, WHMIS, etc.)
- Work Experience Placements
How you can become involved…
We hope to reach out to you for your continued support for the successful implementation of this program. Your organizations can become involved in:
- Selection of suitable clients for training
- Guest speaking opportunities
- Work experience opportunities
- Arrangements of field trips/ site tours
- Meet ’n’ greets/ lunch ’n’ learns
We look forward to connecting with you in the very near future.
In Partnership with: